We pay special attention to the students’ general and professional competencies. We do that by involving them in different national and international activities. In the last few years, we have concentrated on:
- the development of general competencies with special attention to foreign languages, different cultures and societies (competencies);
- the development of professional competencies with practical training in companies, with practical training at the school and with practical training at the intercompany centre (on national and international level).
- AO (Finland),
- Training Academy (Turkey),
- ES (Spain),
- IVKHK (Estonia),
- Berufskollege Meschede (Germany),
- F.P. (Spain).
- KA1-VET-39/17 (in progress)
- KA2-SE-28/17 (in progress)
We can do it! (KA1-VET-39/17)
In the mobility VET project we are going to focus on students, VET teachers and employers.
The project is focused on:
– enhancing key and professional competencies and skills,
– developing multilingualism and digital skills,
– encouraging self-confidence,
– enhancing multiculturalism and promoting coherence between different European countries.
Long-term aims for students:
– the development of social skills,
– taking responsibility,
– planning longer period of practical training,
– expecting useful professional skills.
The school tries to provide employees with useful professional and key competencies for the labour market. To achieve that the school has to make some further decisions concerning internships, which are very important to be able to reach/ for reaching a good level of professional competencies and skills.
From grain to life (KA2-SE-28/17)
The project address three key competence:
– natural sciences,
– ICT and
In horizontal line the project is focused on:
– multidisciplinary and
– early career orientation.
All three key competences will be developed during the next three years. We are going to pay particular attention to developing skills before, between and after students’ mobility. All workshops and activities are focused on the main subject, “food”. We will promote activities which will include experiments concerning food from different aspects and school subjects (chemistry, physics, and biology). We will upgrade the natural sciences with ICT and entrepreneurship.
We are going to try connecting different school subjects with the same topic because we want to try to develop a model of multidisciplinarity. For students and teachers, this model will be a big challenge because they have never worked in that way. That is the necessary step before the expected reform in the general programme.
We are planning to include in the whole project experts from the labour market as part of ICT and external organisations because we want to give students the opportunity to start thinking about early career orientation.
Main aims of the project are:
– to develop key competences (natural sciences, ICT, and entrepreneurship),
– to promote natural sciences,
– to develop multidisciplinarity,
– to develop early career orientation,
– to develop critical thinking skills and to prepare a scientific article.
– better communication in a foreign language(s),
– use of different tools to upgrade ICT knowledge,
– promotion of natural sciences,
– preparation of a booklet of activities, analyses, and reports.
Both partners are going to work on all themes, but activities will be slightly different due to varying background and culture.
We have already carried out several projects for teachers:
- developing key competencies,
- using ICT in teaching,
- developing critical thinking,
- working with migrants,
- professional competencies in the VET programmes.
We are going to add a new activity in the international programme – teaching – which will be provided by mentors from different local companies. We want to reach an important aim – a mutual collaboration between the school and local companies. We recognise that this aim is very important if we want to prepare students for a quick and successful integration into the labour market.
The school wants to do more on international mobility and because of that we try to host students from (all of) wider Europe. We believe that each international student will bring some piece of their culture, habits, language skills and experience from his/her field of education.
International students bring us an opportunity and a challenge to be more open, speak a foreign language (English) and find some answers about the level of practical knowledge among international students.
On this page/On these pages, you will find information about the practicalities concerning international students’ stay at the School centre Postojna. You will find information on what to do before, during and after your placement. You will also find learn how to come to Postojna.
Please remember that the first contact with our international coordinator is always made by your teacher or International Coordinator. These pages are aimed mainly at the students of the present partners of the School centre Postojna.
The school year at the School centre Postojna starts on 1st September and ends on 24th June. Between September and June we warmly welcome foreign students for both, work-based and school-based learning.
When you plan your mobility period, you should keep in mind the schedule for of the school year, vacations and bank holidays.
School year 2017-2018
30th October – 3rd November 2017: Autumn holidays
25th December 2017 – 2nd January 2018: Christmas holidays
8th February 2018: Bank holiday
19th – 23rd February 2018: Winter holidays
2nd April 2018: Easter Monday
30th April – 4th May 2018: Spring holidays, Bank holiday
25th June 2018: Bank holiday, the beginning of summer holidays
CV and motivation letter
When you want to do your mobility period (working or studying) at the School centre Postojna, the first step that you have to take is to prepare a Europass CV and a motivation letter. In the motivation letter, you should introduce yourself and tell us a little bit more about the placement/studies you desire, what you want to learn and also tell us the preferred time when you want to come to Postojna.
Your teacher or International Coordinator will then send your documents to the International Coordinators, Mrs Dolores Kes or Mrs Eneja Bozic.
Your Europass CV and motivation letter should be sent to the School centre Postojna about 8 weeks before the desired time of placement so the preparations for the right kind of placement and accommodation can be made.
Primary accommodation offered for incoming students is Hostel Proteus. It is located near the city centre (Trzaska 34, Postojna). The hostel is about 1 km from the School centre Postojna.
All the rooms are twin rooms. Each room has two single beds with a mattress, a blanket and a pillow. Each room also has a table, two chairs and a wardrobe.
Please remember to bring your own bed linens.
If you are under 18 years old, you will need a written permission from your parent or guardian.
Bookings are made only through the contact person at the School centre Postojna.
Additional options are:
- a private room,
- renting an appartment.
How to get to Postojna
The easiest and the most common way to get to Postojna is by aeroplane. Nearby airports are:
- Ljubljana (Joze Pucnik),
- From all airports you need to first get a bus to get to a railway station. You can easily get to Postojna by train but you will need up to five hours (it depends where you are coming from)
- You can book a shuttle (the most common is Goopti) and get to Postojna approx. in two and half hours.